background

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Reading List

This summer I have dedicated myself to reading the twelve Mark Twain Award nominee books. The award is presented by The Missouri Association of School Librarians.  Students in grades fourth through eighth can vote for their favorite title that is nominated for the award.  Some past Mark Twain Award winners have been: Sounder, How to Eat Fried Worms, The Dollhouse Murders (the book I picked to win when I was in the fourth grade) and The Man Who Loved Clowns.

The 2012-2013 award nominees are:

Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Belly Up by Stuart Gibbs

The Clockwork Three by Matthew J. Kirby

Drizzle by Kathleen Van Cleve

The Familiars by Adam Jay Epstein

Ghost Dog Secrets by Peg Kehret

Half Upon a Time
by James Riley

Hide & Seek by Katy Grant

Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper

Palace Beautiful by Sarah DeFord Williams

Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer by John Grisham

Twenty Gold Falcons by Amy Gordon

So far I have loved the three books that I have read.  I can't wait to suggest them to my students who love to read when school begins in the fall!


~Mrs. Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment